Friday, May 15, 2009

But what besides Salsa?

Seemed that if I was going to go to all this trouble, maybe I should have more than just salsa to show for it. I had some ideas, but no idea how much space I was going to need for all this. Enter www.gardeners.com and their handy dandy little gardening planner tool. Drag and drop a few plants and Viola! instructions for your very own garden.

Or use one of their templates - the "set it and forget it version" was particularly appealing to me but I decided not to let a catchy infomercial guide my decision and I ended up with a nice hybrid of the Kitchen Essentials, High Yield, Salsa & Sauce templates with a mini herb garden and some other festive plants tossed in to round it out.


Though you can't see it all, my general plan includes salsa, tomato sauce, and pickle fixings, herbs - basil, thyme, sage, oregano, parsley rosemary, chives and mint. Maybe some spinach and/or lettuce, a watermelon, cantaloupe and pumpkin or two. Never to early to prepare for Halloween jack-o-lanterns...

Now'd be the time to get your special requests in. Space is going fast!!

1 comment:

  1. Thats nice.!! I will certainly visit Gardeners Supply to take a look on their gardening planner tool.

    ReplyDelete