Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How it all started...

Last summer a friend of Charlie's mentioned his salsa garden; and I wanted one too! Bad news: no where to put it. Good news: I forgot all about my imaginary salsa garden... until BHG reminded me.

You guessed it ... back on the salsa garden soapbox, but alas still no space. Until I saw this:

$30 for a 4 x 6 plot of dirt? Really? I quickly talked myself right out of that. Back to salsa-less square one. So then, and this is going to sound completely unrelated, I have my palms read with Chaula and Jenny.

Vijaya Laxmi tells me (as Jenny cracks up) that I'm destined to be a great gardener. In defense of JK's laughter you have to understand that she's been a witness to many a murdered plant while living with me. But it must be fate, because wouldn't you know the next day I stumble across this:

A quick email signs me up and confirms: Free! Unlimited Space! Ample free compost & water! Helloooo community garden!

I've decided to try my "hand" at documenting this garden thing. I'm planning weekly photo updates of my success (or failure)... be prepared for veggies if all goes well! And if the whole blogging my project du jour goes well - maybe I'll continue.

2 comments:

  1. If I could only grow green stuff in my garden like I can in my refrigerator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph this is Jenny. I love that you posted the palm readings. I must say it made me smile to see my name mentioned in your blog. It's as if I'm getting my 15 seconds of blogging fame. Can't wait to read more about your garden though. I'll await pictures.

    ReplyDelete